We waited, waited, waited... waited some more, and then finally, bam, game day arrived. Here are some 1st half thoughts.
- Jameis Winston was very careless and/or reckless with the ball. Arguably, he was just as much of a gambler last season. Is this a matter of his luck running out?
- He's favoring Rashad Greene way too much. Where are the other receivers and why is Winston not targeting them?
- We previewed Tyreek Hill earlier in the week and questioned whether we would have the assets to defend him. He's damn explosive and no, we can't quite bottle him up.
- If Nate Andrews didn't score, the game would be tied at 10. Let that sink in for a while.
- Mario Pender looks legit. He looks better than Karlos Williams right now.
- Speaking of Karlos, is our "failure" in the 1st half a matter of us getting ahead of ourselves? We look like we're eating cheese.
- The defense looks just as good as it did last year. We are certainly missing Timmy Jernigan but the rest of the defense is solid. We're watching the best secondary in football.
- We have massive issues punting. I don't see why Jimbo continues to allow this to happen.
- Austin Barron looks decent, but not great. I've seen him get pushed back quite a bit. Trickett may need to re-configure the line.
- It's good to see Christian Green get some action, but Winston is still favoring Rashad Greene far too much.
- Where are 2 tight end sets? If we're going to use the short yardage passing game, Haplea is a perfect target.
How will we finish the game? I imagine quite strong, but the 1st half was alarming. I'll predict 34-23.