2. Let's see here ...... FSU lost to Wake Forest .... Wake Forest lost to Vanderbilt ..... Vandy lost to the gatros (their ...) aka crocs of XXVI ..... therefore the logical conclusion going into the game was that FSU should lose to the lizards right? So much for logic.
3. Headline from every FSU fan's favorite sports columnist, Mike Bianchi: "This year, there are no winners in Florida-Florida State rivalry .... Neither team has anything to celebrate." Hey, Mike .... there's this new fangled invention called a scoreboard. It keeps track of who won the game. As I recall at the end of the game it read FSU 21 Florida 7. I'm relatively certain that means FSU won the game. Now pardon me while I go celebrate.
4. Apparently the Florida State offense took copious notes in watching their compatriots on the FSU basketball team against Harvard. An A+ for comprehension guys!!!
5. A common statement I've seen or heard over the last week and even following the win on Saturday night was that the gatros (their ...) are not very good. And that's a bad thing?
6. Sign seen at the game: "Eat Mor Gator".
7. Great INT by Mike Harris. It's off to the blocking sleds for Nigel Bradham though.
8. Jimbo Fisher at the half after his offense racked up a whopping total of 39 yards: "We need to fix some things up front." Mission accomplished as FSU's offense rolled in the second half with ................ 56 yards!!!
9. You know ..... it's not every day you see a quarterback sneak go for an 11 yard loss. Memo to Trey Burton: when the coaches say they want to see a runner go north and south, I'm pretty sure they would much prefer the direction of north in this case.
10. On E.J. Manuel's touchdown called back by a (surprise) holding penalty, 58 yard TD runs to put your team up by three touchdowns are vastly overrated. That's what I told myself anyway.
11. I mean really, beating a bad gatros (their ...) aka crocs of XXVI team in Hogtown and you're complaining?
12. Tell the truth now, didn't you REALLY miss having ACC referees officiate the game and the 57 "the previous play is under review's" that comes with them?
13. With the number of players going down to injury on Saturday night I fully expected to hear an announcement over the PA system ...."Paging Florence Nightengale .....paging Miss Nightengale .... "
14. Well, at least we know Matt Elam has a future career in the WWF.
15. Best sign seen at ESPN's Gameday show: "This is a poster". Enough said right there.
Bonus Bonus Ecstatically Random and Particularly Meaningless Thoughts
16. So Maryland fired the 2010 ACC Coach of the Year to bring in a coach to led them to a 2-10 season and in the process gives up 35 points in the final quarter of the final game of the year for the Terps. But gosh, they looked so darn good in those brand new unis in doing it.
17. The wit and wisdom of Mrs. BFT: In attending the local high school football playoff game Friday night came the PA announcement that this was the proverbial "win or go home" game. Came the response from Mrs. BFT to no one in particular, "Isn't the other team from Orlando? Aren't they going home anyway even if they do win?"
18. Good statement game by Virginia with a spot to the ACCCG on the line. FSU must have worn out the Cav's offense from the week before.
19. Could not help but notice Bob Davie doing color for the FSU/gatros (their ....) aka crocs of XXVI game (BTW, Bianchi, FSU won the game, the key word there being WON). Maybe it's just me, but doesn't Davie have something else to do .... like maybe hire a coaching staff, call prospective recruits, etc for his new gig at New Mexico?
20. I wonder if Urban Meyer will be required to wear sweater vests IF (wink wink) he takes the Ohio State job?