Afraid? Naw. Concerned, no doubt. One guy E.J. needs to watch out for is cornerback David Amerson. The soph CB leads the ACC in interceptions with eight, including two last week against Virginia -- one for the clinching TD. The building buzz on Amerson helped put him on the Bednarik Watch list.
In other news from our Wolfpack watch:
• N.C. State looked to be down for the count, what with a MASH unit list of injuries, but the win over UVA has put the growl back in the Pack.
• Wolfpack QB Mike Glennon and E.J. Manuel are old pals.
• N.C. State hasn't won a division road game in 11 tries during O'Brien's five-season tenure.
• N.C. State is the ACC’s best in avoiding penalties with an average of 34.9 ypg. FSU is averaging 74.1 ypg.
• Other than allowing a 60-yard touchdown pass at the end of the third quarter, N.C. State's defense held Virginia to less than 2.5 yards per play on first down.
• One Raleigh sports writer believes the Russell Wilson debacle will eventually get Tom O'Brien fired.
• FSU is 21 - 10 all time against N.C. State.
• But wait, there's more! Watch the latest Tom O’Brien Coach’s show here (Caution: May be sleep-inducing).
• Finally, if you've missed hearing the velvet vocalizations of former N.C. State coach, and long time Nole assistant, Chuck Amato, listen to this week's Riddick & Reynolds Wolfpack podcast here.