• Lonnnnnnie! The offensive unsung hero got his chance and showed what a stud fullback can do on that won't-be-denied, opponent-dragging TD run.
• Pass catching by committee. Eight Nole WRs made the stats with Kenny Shaw (7 for 57 yards) topping the list.
• Making a senior year statement. Jermaine Thomas' return to relevance continues with a career best 5 catches for 53 yards. He also led all rushers with 42 yards.
• Hang in there Greg Reid. Yet another punt return TD called back. If it weren’t for a sidestep out of bounds today...
• Give yourselves a hand. 80,849 official attendance. Way to show up for a game that in recent years could've meant empty seats.
• Noles dodge a weather bullet. FSU heads to Boston for that obligatory Thursday night game. It's snowing today in Beantown, but the gameday forecast is perfect fall weather with a high of 58. Kickoff should be dry with temps in the 40s.
• 2nd half cruise control. For the second week in a row, FSU’s hot and cold offense lost focus and intensity after the half. The entire third quarter was an opportunity to put the game away and rest starters for the short week game at B.C. Instead, mistakes, punts, and a missed FG.
• Offensive coma continues into the fourth quarter. Even a turnover deep in Wolfpack territory yielded only a field goal after the Noles couldn’t manage a first down. The long dry spell finally ended with less than 5 minutes to go as E.J. threads the needle to Greg Dent.
• ACC ref outrage of the week. A piece of paper determines a first down for N.C. State!? At least the zebras didn't try sneakily moving up the ball again.