1. One consuming thought following Saturday's game at Clemson .... good God I REALLY hate the color orange!!!!!! Come to think of it, I'm not too crazy about the color purple (not to be confused with the movie) either. What does that make it now ....not since Howard Taft's presidency has FSU won in Death Valley? Sure seems like it anyway.
2. So who was it that said FSU's defense would keep them in the game? Number five defense in the country eh? Could have fooled me. Come to think of it so was FSU's defense much of the game by the Clemson offense.
3. Think about how much better FSU's passing game would be without all that hard work on improving the running game.
4. And on the Seminole's running game, FSU is well on its way towards a thousand yard rusher, which at the current rate for the leading rusher (20 something yards per game) should come somewhere in the fifth game ...... of the 2015 season.
5. Sign seen at ESPN's Gameday show: "Trickett For Heisman." We're assuming Clint and not Rick. The former we would agree with. The latter not. Mostly because I think his eligibility is used up.
6. Regarding Rashard Greene's touchdown catch, two words ..... padding .... lots and lots of padding. Who puts a brick wall inches (well it seemed like inches anyway) from the endzone?? Head butting said wall is no way to celebrate a TD.
7. Comment seen in an article about freshman receiver Sammy Watkins: "Enjoy the next 2½ seasons of Sammy Watkins." You'll pardon me I'm sure if I don't.
8. Regarding Florida State's penalty issues (that's plural), think of it from a positive point of view. How many other teams are better at keeping the other team's drives alive by committing a penalty on third or fourth down. BTW, FSU had exactly six penalties on those downs Saturday afternoon. I don't suppose we could petition the NCAA to just play first and second downs could we? Well, that was Mrs BFT's suggestion anyway.
9. And on that roughing the punter penalty .... you know, I'm pretty sure the human body is NOT designed to bend in that direction. I'm sure any chiropractors who saw that cringed.
10. The only thing missing in Taj Boyd's ..... ummmm .... shall we say "errant" pass .... was a soundtrack of Yakety Sax ala Benny Hill playing in the background.
11. And speaking of Taft, that's about the last time the gatros (their ...) aka crocs of XXVI last lost at Kentucky, right?
12. So not having QB Jordan Jefferson was supposed to be a problem for LSU eh.
13. Hotdogging award of the week goes to Oklahoma State's Justin Blackmon, who felt the need to fool around with the ball en route to an easy touchdown and an 11 point lead for the Cowboys but instead fumbled the ball out of the endzone and no score. But he looked REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELALLLY cool as he was stylin' his way toward pay dirt, don't you think.
14. So Maryland got clobbered and/or stomped and.or plastered and/or hammered .... at home ... by Temple .... 38-7. But they looked REEEEEEEEEEEAAAAALLY spiffy in those new unis doing it.
15. With Florida State off next weekend, show of hands please. How many of you will be headed down to the local sports apparel store for a VT jersey or two to don around 5 PM EST (that's 6 PM for you daylight savers) next Saturday?