\ 1. After all the wide rights and wide left, last second dropped passes in the endzone, and now this at least FSU is "entertaining", if you want to call it that, with their losses. Certainly Wolfpack fans were entertained. Glad somebody was.
2. The good news for this weekend? We will never ever never never never never ever never NEVER ... did I say never? ... have to see Russell Wilson again. Apparently after giving up three rushing touchdowns neither did the FSU defense.
3. More good news for the weekend? At least the FSU soccer team won. What? They didn't? Oh well, at least the volleyball team won. Huh? Them too, eh. Well, at least the swimming team came through. No? The cross country teams won? WOO-HOO!!! We have a winner!!!!
4. And if that doesn't work to cheer you up, there's always that sage advice from that noted philosopher and pre-med student, "start drinking heavily".
5. Upon looking at the stats, after converting 12 of 18 third downs it would seem the Wolfpack would do well in the Canadian Football League.
6. If only the game could have ended after two quarters. They allow that in the CFL don't they?
7. Regarding that left-handed on the run flip pass Christian Ponder made, the word Favre-esq comes to mind. We're hopeful (and pretty certain) that that is all CP7 does that is Favre-esq, IF you know what I mean.
8. Following a delay of game penalty on NC State, said Gene Deckerhoff, "Tom O'Brien, a former Marine, has to be pulling his hair out" which would be a good trick what with Marines not having much to begin with.
9. Just a guess mind you, but I got the impression that defensive coordinator Mark Stoops thought there should have been holding called on NC State. The bulging eyes while screaming at the refs giving them the holding signal seemed to be an indicator. But I could be wrong.
10. Among the numerous penalties on FSU (or phantom penalties, depending on your point of view) was a 12 men on the field penalty. Now you would think that outnumbering them like that the Wolfpack would not have gained any yards on the play.
Bonus Belatedly Random and Frighteningly Meaningless Thoughts