Not only were the Noles beaten in Raleigh, they were beaten up. Now's a great time for a get well game against a perennial creampuff. Too bad they won't get it this Saturday in Durham. To prove we're not just delusional on bad spinach, ponder these points on Duke:
- If you saw the Bama game on ESPNU, you know that Duke looked nothing like the #3 team in ESPN's bottom ten. They opened big holes in the Tide defense, left cleat marks on their linebackers and DBs, and played with confidence — definitely not in awe of being on The Bear's hallowed turf.
- Who would have bet Duke could run for more yards on Bama than any other opponent this year? Yet they did: 201 net yards on the ground. That's more than Arkansas, the team that ran all over Auburn.
- Duke led at halftime and into the third quarter. Bama finally took the lead but only by two points. It wasn't 'til the Tide scored with 4:08 left that the win looked safe.
- He's baaaaaack. 5-10, 215 lb. bowling ball Re'quan Boyette (pictured above), the guy who ripped off a 78-yard TD against us last year. 'Quan hung nearly a 100 yds. on Bama.
- Earlier in the season, Duke outgained Wake by a large margin and only lost by a point. Of course, they also lost
37 - 0 to the worst Virginia team in years.
Duke is no pushover this year. But the Blue Devils are very inconsistent : getting clobbered by the Cavaliers one week and then pushing Bama around the next.
If the Noles get Duke's A-game on Saturday, they'll need an exorcist to escape these devils.