2. Apparently on Black Friday FSU did some shopping at Turnovers 'R Us. Hope they got them on sale.
3. And on that turnover number five, the good news was at least FSU fans didn't have very long to wait to see if EJ Manuel would re-enter the game after he took that bone jarring hit causing a fumble giving the gatros (their ...) aka crocs of XXVI the ball. Eight seconds to be exact. I'm guessing the Seminole defense was anxious to see as well. Thus the quick score. Just a guess mind you.
4. From the ever observant Mrs, BFT following the gift referenced in 3. came the comment from the couch, "We certainly have that aspect of the game down pat today." I could be wrong because it is awful hard to tell sometimes with the missus but my guess is the sarcastic button was on. Just another guess mind you.
5. Let's see .... last year the aforementioned gatros (their ...) aka crocs of XXVI turned the ball over four times in losing to FSU in Gainesville. This year, FSU in this season of giving, hands the ball over to the gatros (their ...) etc five times leading to a loss for FSU. I'm seeing a trend here. So next year we can obviously expect six turnovers and a loss by our short legged scaly friends to the south. You can say you heard it hear first.
6. And on this weekend of Thanksgiving let us all (well, maybe not the gatros (their...) etc) give thanks to Notre Dame for winning their regular season finale, definitely eliminating all chance of a certain team that shall remain nameless from playing in the national title game in January (here's a hint though .... they wear a eye numbing color combination).
7. The Block of the Game Award goes to Devonta Freeman for his down the field pancake block during the 27 yard pass to Rashad Greene. Too bad it was on the sideline cameraman. Oh, and it was out of bounds as well. Surprising the ACC refs calling the game didn't throw a flag on that.
8. OK, who was the smart guy who said the gatros' offense was struggling? Well, it may have been struggling earlier in the season but obviously they waited to give Peace a chance to install his offense. Get it? Huh? Huh?? Give Peace a chance? Never mind.
9. From Desmond Howard on Saturday's Gameday show: "Florida (apparently he does not know the correct term is gatros (their ...) aka crocs of XXVI) is not a sexy team to see in the national championship game .... they don't pass the eye test." I can only assume he was talking about the previously alluded to color combo because I know it hurts my eyes.
10. Sign seen at Doak by an obvious FSU fan:: "Turkey on Thursday, Gator on Saturday." Too much of that latter dish on Saturday if you ask me.
Bonus Succinctly Random and Dejectedly Meaningless Thoughts
12. Tuning into the Ohio State/Michigan game and noticing the Buckeye's salute to Jim Tressel and the ten year anniversary of the Buck's national championship victory ..... just wondering ...... did they honor him for the probation Ohio State is currently on as well?
13. Tuning into a rundown of upcoming rivalry games just in time to hear how "Jim Kelly" and his Oregon Ducks will go against Oregon St in its annual Civil War game. Who knew the former Miami Hurricane, Houston Gamblers, Buffalo Bills' QB was head coach of the Ducks.
14. Tuning into the Nebraska/Iowa game on Friday just in time to hear the weather update for the game where the temp was 27 degrees with a howling wind for a wind chill factor of 17 degrees. But ......... BUT ..... it was sunny. Well alrighty then, that makes it just balmy, break out the suntan lotion-like weather.
15. And as we run down the ACC scores from Saturday we find the conference was a stellar OH!!! (as in OMG what the hell is that!!) and four vs the SEC with the closest margin of defeat being ten points. There's a joke in there somewhere. Oh wait ..... it's the ACC!!!!
Bonus Bonus Succinctly Random and Dejectedly Meaningless Thoughts
16. And as we bid to be a fond farewell to Gene "Fricking" Chizik following Auburn's 49-0 loss to in-state rival Alabama to go winless in SEC play for the first time in Auburn history, Auburn is sure to give Geno the copy of the home game ...... and SEVERAL million dollars. Great work if you can get it don't you think?
17. Sign seen at ESPN's Gameday show at the Los Angeles Coliseum: "USC's ball boy deflated my other sign". Followed by Notre Dame's deflating of the Trojans.
18. Tuning into the Texas/TCU game on Thursday night just in time to see David Ash's last throw of the game, an INT, and making note of the seven TCU jerseys versus the two burnt orange unis around where Ash threw the ball. Who would have guessed that would have turned out badly for Texas. Obviously not Ash.
19. So with Maryland and Rutgers joining the Big Ten bringing the number of teams to fourteen, will the conference be changing its logo from BIG to an even bigger BIG?
20. Couldn't help but notice Michigan head coach Brady Hoke on the sideline in the short sleeve shirt .... no coat or even a hat .... just the shirt and temps in the low 30's with snow flurries weather. Makes sense. With the overcast skies he was definitely in no need of that suntan lotion.